Ours is a startup company founded with a focus on developing biologic devices for clinical applications. The company is currently in the process of developing advanced wound care products that primarily utilize naturally derived materials. The products under development are bacterial cellulose-based moist wound care devices, which utilize wasted mature coconut water from the coconut processing industry to manufacture cellulose, which acts as a substrate for the device. Coconut-derived compounds, which have been proven to have anti-microbial activity, are being incorporated into the substrate for quicker healing of chronic and persistent wounds arising due to various medical conditions.
CocoHeal Ag+ is a coco-cellulose silver patch with multiple perforations for better exudate absorption away from the wound bed and to prevent biofilm formation. It is impregnated with silver, a well known broad spectrum antimicrobial agent. The multi perforated patch is presented in a single use pouch for easy removal.
• Manages actively the multiple micro environments within wounds. Provides complete wound bed preparation and prevents bio-film formation.
• Enables continuous autolytic debridement while actively managing the moisture within the wound bed with no maceration at the wound’s margin.
• Reduces risk of infection due to presence of anti-microbial silver.
• Provides excellent absorption capability for normally highly exudative wounds which greatly reduces the risk of over drying the wound.
• Minimizes bacterial burden by promoting autolytic debridement with the right balance of moisture, providing a moist environment for easy removal of necrotic tissue through the entire healing process.
• Soothes painful wound areas upon application because of its unique cool surface. It is non-adherent and will not compromise granulating tissue when removed.
CocoHeal Ag+ is a wound patch with anti-microbial silver and it is indicated for infected high to moderately exuding wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous insufficiency ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers (partial and full-thickness), abrasions and other skin breaks.
Contraindicated for use on individuals with:
• Allergy to silver
• Third-degree burn
• Profuse bleeding